Monday, July 19, 2010

My beautiful Tanya ♥

I don't know how to say so I'll just say it...

A few months ago I briefly shared with you all that my younger sister, Tanya, was admitted to the hospital battling complications from lupus. Tanya passed away just days ago after fighting the most courageous, inspiring battle in the hospital for a little over 4 months. Tanya was a woman of great faith and undoubtedly is dancing and smiling from the porch of heaven.

There are so many things I can say about the relationship we had, our struggles in the hospital, and my own painful battles with this new reality, but my words and thoughts feel so broken and inadequate right now. I can tell you that my heart was surprisingly full of gratitude this morning... I peeped at my email inbox today after not having glanced at it in over a week, and your messages and encouraging words are a clear reminder to me that I still have a lot to live for and be thankful for. I'll make it no secret that I am one hot mess right now, but so many of you have offered prayers and support and have added your faith on top of mine, which is already helping me find a way to move forward. I promise I will be back to my productive, joyful self very very soon. In the meantime, I thank you in advance for saying a little prayer for me, for Tanya and our family. Vulnerability is not a common occurrence on my blog, but I am grateful to you for allowing to me share a bit of my heart and a bit of my life. THANK YOU!

xo,


My beautiful Tanya ♥

7 comments:

  1. Oh Vanessa, I'm so sorry to hear this. Lots of love & prayers for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sorry to hear =( you and your family are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. V your sister had such an impact on everyone around her. Her charisma and faith saved many people. Her sickness healed many lives and now she is with the Lord to celebrate her accomplishments. Though her life was definitely short, it was fulfilling. More than people who live to be 100 without faith. Your sister will be watching and waiting for us in heaven where you will spend the rest of eternity with her. She is always her with us in our dreams and memories and forever in our future. Love you and see you soon! ~Jeff Laxamana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking about you and the kiddies. <3

    Mya

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's a gorgeous angel for sure. Praying for you all daily. My heart is truly broken for you. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need anything at all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thinking about you and sending lots of prayers and love your way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Vanessa, I am so sorry for your loss. My heart sunk when I read this post, my sincerest condolences to you and your family during this difficult time...Jaclyne xo

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin