Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Tanya ♥

I am uncomfortably hesitant to write this post. For so long I have been reluctant about reporting personal matters on this blog, however, many of you know Tanya and right now this is probably the most universal way to update everyone who has sent us emails, etc. I will likely only leave this blog post up till I return from my personal leave.

--

My sister, Tanya, was admitted into the hospital 15 days ago and has been there since fighting a desperate battle against lupus. I can hardly believe it has been two weeks already, though it does seem like an eternity since we had her home. I cannot even begin to comprehend all the medical terms, let alone explain them - but in every possible way she is in critical condition. She has lost complete function of her kidneys and the lupus has severely attacked her lungs as well, disabling her ability to breath on her own. I haven't been able to talk to her in over a week as they have put her into a comatose state to give her body a chance to rest while they pulse chemo and various meds into her. Well actually, that's only half true... I talked to her quite often actually. At her bedside every day I chat with her, tell her jokes, and make plans with her - I am sure she is quite annoyed. ;) Everyday now it seems we hear a little bit of bad news and a little bit of good news. In a nutshell... while seemingly everything in her body is working against her, Tanya is still fighting.

Tanya is 25 years old, mother to two insanely beautiful kids, and the most charming girl you will ever meet. She has worked along side of me at 99% of all my events and in the office with me several days during the week, so many of you have come to know her and love her as well.

I have no other purpose for this post then to ask you, no, beg you to keep praying for Tanya and to thank you guys for your support. I have received so many encouraging and supportive emails from friends, clients, and twitter peeps and I can't tell you how grateful we are for that. Tanya feels your prayers and support as well and I am certain that it is exactly these things that are going to change our current circumstance. God is faithful, He is good, and is working small and big miracles everyday, in her life and in ours.

It feels weird to say this too, but I am sensibly taking a personal leave from emails and phone calls for the next few days. I will likely not be responding to emails till Monday, April 5th. Please feel free to leave me a message on my office phone {949.436.9003} if you should need to get a hold of me during this time. I will do my best to religiously check this mailbox and get back to you as soon as I can. I am so appreciative of your understanding and again, your support!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

xo,


I love you Tanya.


8 comments:

  1. Vanessa, I will be thinking of Tanya and your family. I'm so sorry you're all having to go through this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart goes out to you, I have been and will keep praying for your sister.

    I love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vanessa, I will be praying for your family and especially for Tanya. I can't imagine how hard this must be for you all! I miss you and love you! I'm just a phone call away if you need me..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie LandsmanMarch 31, 2010 at 7:44 PM

    I will pray for Tanya and for your family as well. I am so sorry to hear that Tanya is sick. My heart is with you and I hope that she gets stronger with each day. I love you and (no matter how many millenniums go by) I am always here for you. Love, Steph
    (949)525-0533 <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear your family is going through this. Tanya and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will be PRAYING for you and your family, Vanessa. May God be with you during this time...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sent you a message through fb too, but I just wanted you to let you know I am praying for your family and especially for Tanya's healing. I know we serve a mighty God. I had no idea your sister was battling this. I'm so sorry. Love and prayers to you, Jen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Vanessa I am so sorry you and your family are going through this. I will keep you all in my prayers. *giant hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin